harpcolumn

And a little Chopin for lever harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire And a little Chopin for lever harp

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Again, for all harps really — you can find it at the bottom of this page:

https://italianfolkharp.wordpress.com/my-sheet-music/

You can set the two A-naturals at the start of the piece and leave them there, but there is an E-natural you’ll need to set back and forth twice, and two B-naturals that will need the same treatment. It’s not too bad; I’ve left some room around them.

The most annoying parts are that the left hand can get buzzy if you don’t pay it mind.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Janis, you are so nice to arrange music and offer it to HC members. I clicked on your link and searched around your blog but I could not find your Chopin piece – only the original score. I could not imagine playing that on a harp!

Did you click on the link in that post … ? It’s right at the bottom of that page. Try clicking on the link in the first post of this thread, and let me know if you can’t find it.

If you click on that link, you should see a page titled “My Sheet Music,” and then see four things below it:

Vaga Luna
    Bleak Midwinter
    Zdes’ Khorosho
    Theme from Piano Sonata #2

If you click on the dark teal-colored names of the pieces, you should go right to a PDF of the sheet music.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Got it. What a lovely melody. You did a super job arranging the Chopin sonata theme.

Thanks! There’s another — a left-hand nocturne by Scriabin — that I think might work well on the harp, but it’s one of those show-off virtuosic pieces like most of the LH-only stuff, so I’m not sure whether the whole thing is possible or even bits of it are possible. Parts of it seem well suited to the harp, though — picked out melodies near the top and a rising accompaniment in the bass:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.