harpcolumn

American Chamber Music suggestions

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists American Chamber Music suggestions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m looking for chamber music by American composers for any instrument combination including harp. I’m familiar with the standards like the Persichetti Serenade or Rochester-Young Song of the Lark, but I was also hoping to find more suggestions especially those that are more than just flute and harp.

I really apreciate your help and suggestions!
    – ML

zoraida-avila
    Participant

Marguerite,

Here I give you a few ensemble works by american composers including harp.

In 2007, the american composer Adrienne Albert composed Between the dark and daylight, a three-movement work for flute, violin, viola, cello and harp (Nightdreams, Lullaby, and Daydreams)

Ryan Carter
    American composer originally from Wisconsin. Spirals (2005) for flute, harp, and vcl.

Alan Hovaness – Garden of Adonis (flute & harp)

Alexandra du Bois
    American composer. L’Arc des Étoiles (Arc of the Stars) (2007) for flute, harp and percussion (7’)

George Crumb:
    -Ancient Voices of Children (1970), for mezzo-soprano, boy soprano, oboe, mandolin, harp, amplified piano (and toy piano), and percussion (three players)
    -Federico’s Little Songs for Children. Soprano, flute/piccolo/alto flute/bass flute, and harp
    -Quest for guitar, soprano saxophone, harp, double bass, and percussion (two players)

Hope it helps you. Regards,
    Zoraida Avila

paul-wren
    Participant

I love Arthur Foote’s At Dusk, Harp, Violin and Cello

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.