harpcolumn

Advice for which new harp to get

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Advice for which new harp to get

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hi

At the moment I currently rent a Pilgrim Skylark (original shape like Ben Creighton Griffith’s Clasarch) from my school which I’ve had for about three years now, but it’s getting the to the stage where it’s too small and I’m having to cramp for the higher octaves. I’m taking ABRSM grade 3 in July

Tacye
    Participant

Hi Josie, If you want something lighter than a Pilgrim you will be having problems and not much choice- 8.2 kg for the Skylark while the Salvi Ana comes in at 20 kg, all the full size Camacs are heavier too.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Hi Josie :-)

I’m a soon to be proud owner of a Heartland Dragonheart 38 string Celtic Harp. I think you should check into these- they are fairly lightweight for the size (25-26 lbs.), and the soundboard is curved in such a way as to allow for extra hand

jessica-wolff
    Participant

It sounds as if Josie is UK-based, though, and she’d have to pay to have the harp shipped from the U.S. What about a used Pilgrim Progress–the nonpedal version? 30 lbs.

joan-fitch
    Participant

Andrew Thom!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.