harpcolumn

Acquiring students

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Acquiring students

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    harp guy
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how any of you acquired students. I am sure there is a thread on here about this, but I can’t find the search function on here. : /

I recently

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I might be teaching my younger brother soon, but I’m a bit nervous about it as I’m only a student myself.

kay-lister

Good Morning All,

Any students I have now or have had, were sent to me by MY teacher. For whatever reason (distance, schedule …).

Anonymous
    Inactive

The search function was removed because it was causing the site to crash. To search, just go to google and type in whatever you’re looking for and harpcolumn, and you will get results, so that is definitely one place to look.

janelle-lake
    Participant

Hi Harp Guy,

Hi harp guy;
    In my area, the recession caused the state and city to need more money to keep education at a good level; certain enrichment programs were cut. In elementary schools I noticed the Parent Teacher Associations are organizing yearly auctions now, to pay for field trips, specialized programs, and so on. A yearly auction can bring close to $100,000. to some schools here, when parents, teachers, and even students work hard to make it happen. A web site is put up, flyers are printed and distributed, and merchants donate goods. A music teacher needing students can offer with a printed certificate (worth perhaps $150. or less) some free lessons. If they enjoy your lessons and the parents see the benefit and can support continuing with you at your regular fee, you have a new student!. Simply phone school secretaries to find out if there is such an auction, and the deadline for submitting your donation of the gift certificate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies