harpcolumn

A video–and a little bit of self promotion!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break A video–and a little bit of self promotion!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

I recently played in the “pit” for the show “The Light In The Piazza”.

Kathleen Clark
    Participant

I loved watching the video! Thanks so much for posting, Dave! So much fun to see harpists here in action!

Asha the Nagini
    Participant

That was really interesting!

kay-lister

OK, I can’t seem to pull this up.

Pat Lovejoy
    Participant

Dave, that was great, seeing your interview and being able to associate a name with a face.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

That was fun, David. I’m glad to see you got the first spot in the video, too.

Pat, how are you?

diane-michaels
    Spectator

I was right there with you with the bare feet when i played it last summer. If pedal accuracy wasn’t enough of a reason to “wear” my most sensitive soles, the hollow floor that amplified ever step I took sealed the deal.

Pat Lovejoy
    Participant

Hi Barbara,

I’m fine and the harping keeps expanding. I want to thank you for giving me some encouragement to do some arranging myself – it’s been very satisfying, once I conquered that fear of entering a world with no boundaries.

vince-pierce
    Participant

Hey David! I really enjoyed watching your video. I LOVE Light in the Piazza, and I think it’s fantastic that they made a vlog out of the production and included the musicians! I’ve played in nearly 20 musical productions so I’m quite familiar with the pit experience. Guettel’s music and the orchestrations for LitP are fantastic. I think it’s one of the best things to be on Broadway in the last ten years. I watched the Tonys the other day and was lamenting the current state of Broadway…but enough about that. My favorite numbers are (so hard to choose) Passeggiata, American Dancing and of course, the Light in the Piazza. I hope I get to play this show someday!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.