harpcolumn

A New Scam

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories A New Scam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paul-knoke
    Participant

You may imagine my surprise when I discovered one of my own harps listed for sale on eBay. Rest assured, this harp is not in Los Angeles, and it is not for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-BROWNE-BUCKWELL-Pedal-Harp/233843508218?hash=item367228c3fa:g:dnsAAOSw8JRf77Bb

charles-nix
    Participant

Wow! Did you report seller to ebay? It is odd that seller has so many good reviews- but says in the listing to only contact outside of ebay. I wonder if the seller’s account is being used without his consent.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I had the same thing happen to me years ago. I had a harp listed for sale on my own web site, and someone stole not only the photo, but also the description that I had put up with the photo and listed both, I think on ebay. I only found out about it because someone here notified me.

paul-knoke
    Participant

Update: I got on the phone with eBay. My harp was just a small part of a very large scam involving many high-end musical instruments as well as other items. It seems a postage stamp dealer in the U.K. was hacked, and someone in California was using the account to try to rip people off. Fortunately, eBay responded quickly, all the fake listings are gone, and the seller is back to being a legit stamp dealer. I just feel bad for the stamp dealer, and for the many people who had bid on fraudulent items. What I learned: always check to make sure the item and the seller are in the same place!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies