harpcolumn

a good lap harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists a good lap harp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I am looking for a good lap harp that has full levers and the most sound I can get for a small sized harp.

I played a Stoney End Brittany for years.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I had a chance to play a Triplett “Christina” a while back, and thought
    it was absolutely lovely.

unknown-user
    Participant

Looking for one also this last week.

What I found was, doing a search here a few folks here really like the Belvins Bourree 26, Mezzo 23. they have sound clips of the two and all there harps on there web site.

Virginia harp center has two used ones full levers, Dusty Strings
    Allegro $695, at the bottom of there used harp page. Looks like a excellent deal. They also have Timothy Aedh at a good price too.

I’ve heard really good things about the Timothy Aedh.

unknown-user
    Participant

thank you all for your input, it was very helpful

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I

unknown-user
    Participant

Barbara, also Blevins Harps has some excellent deals in there closeout and specials area. As others have mentioned here. There may be a minor blemish. But it seems most include a case as well. Plus you can buy it now. But as Jennifer mentioned a month wait isn’t that long. As Blevins is a month wait as well for a new harp. that seems a standard wait time.

That used Timothy Aedh has a bump on the front lower part of the sound board. You may what them to send you a clearer picture of it to see for your self how bad it is. But the price on it is excellent.

The Revanne 26 at 39 inches tall is concidered a mid size harp, but with that built in pull down stand. Might be ideal for your needs for playing out and about affairs.. They have a pic at there web site. Km

janet-king
    Participant

Hi Barbara.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thanks Janet, this is good advice.

janet-king
    Participant

…my mistake, my little harp has 25 strings.

The harpmaker’s website is http://www.silvershellmusic.com/

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I definitely think you should include the Christina in your search, if
    you haven’t already.

joann-buice
    Participant

I agree about rethinking the smaller harp.

Lap harps have their charm and for some kinds of work are much better than a larger harp.

Varyanna Ruthengael
    Participant

Jennifer:

Since you’ve already checked Stoney End and probably their lighter Gothic harps, one I like is the Musikmaker’s Limerick Lap Harp. You can purchase it ready made; 26 strings; 12 lb. http://www.musikit.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=lim You can

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.