harpcolumn

2 harps at once!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break 2 harps at once!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Hi all,

For those who haven’t seen this (and I hadn’t) – Mariano Gonzalez demonstrates that you can play the equivalent of a double strung harp, using 2 harps-

Pajaro Compana on 2 harps at the same time!

Michael

Michael, another harpist, Betsy Mills, had a long restaurant job in California, about thirty years ago, playing two instruments at once: an electric keyboard with one hand, (I seem to remember her left), and her pedal harp with the other. It was very pleasing to hear, especially as she could sustain bass clef

It’s interesting to see that he plays a “hybrid” paraguayan harp with levers.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Patricia,
    Since you mentioned it, I decided to play around with my little sampling electric keyboard from 20+ years ago, and my harp – I see that it could be done, in various ways- the main part of the trick is positioning the keyboard so that it is conveniently located.

Liam M
    Participant

South American harps with levers or “Llaves” have been around for some time. My arpista amigos tell me also of a thumb ring they use to sharpen.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies