unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: German Harps #74811
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I was drooling over the Fianna too. It fits nicely in my category of dream harp, along with the Salzedo that was on the L&H website several months ago.

    in reply to: finger length #86799
    unknown-user
    Participant

    All people are unique. Yes, they have different length of finger, proportions and widths. This is why good teacher adapt. Not

    in reply to: German Harps #74809
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Katerina,

    How exciting! I am exceedingly envious that you will be choosing your De Viaggio

    in reply to: German Harps #74806
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The triple harp is gorgeous – I’d buy a Arpa De Viaggio myself if I had the dosh!

    in reply to: You Tube #104177
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, Parish Alvars wrote

    in reply to: You Tube #104175
    unknown-user
    Participant

    in reply to: German Harps #74801
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have played three Horngacher. I think they are very very good, top of the range instrument. They still have much handmaking in their harp, so attention to detail and quality is very high. Most harp maker I speak to, say they are wonderful quality, best woods and high quality machining in the mechanics. They seem to last a very long time, so this compensate for extra expense. You can get through your playing life with this one harp, which I

    in reply to: The most idiotic comments at gigs #145803
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Over the years. . .it must be a phenomenon, but I can’t tell you how many times my harp has been called a: flute, cello, piano, organ and guitar.

    in reply to: The most idiotic comments at gigs #145801
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Here’s one I bet you never heard:

    While I was walking out of my building today during a fire drill (carrying a Harpsicle in the kind of case you wear like a backpack)…

    “Is that a BOMB??”

    in reply to: Princess Bride Score #163032
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Brian,

    What key is it in? Does it have any accidentals?

    Thanks,
    Becky

    in reply to: finger length #86795
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well that makes no sense. I MEANT-ring finger taller than pointer.

    in reply to: finger length #86794
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My fingers are 3-4-1-2 from longest to shortest.

    My teacher, who plays wonderfully, has very very short fingers and the most hitchhiker thumb I’ve ever seen. Sure doesn’t impact on her technique though.

    in reply to: You Tube #104166
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The Kennedy Center has posted a Millenium Stage concert featuring four young harpists that is wonderful.

    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am so sorry to hear of Olive’s death. While our contacts were limited, she was a dear person to me, and was part of a significant time in my life.

    in reply to: You Tube #104165
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Zoraida,

    Wonderful clip! Definitely added to the list to watch!

    Karin

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 5,570 total)