susanne globisch

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp & looper #238959
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Merry Christmas everyone!
    This year’s Christmas harp video is a traditional german Christmas song. The pictures are taken at the church “Obere Pfarre” in Bamberg, where this nativity scene is displayed, every year in a slightly different setup. It’s very old (goes back to at least 1783).
    Enjoy and have nice holidays!

    in reply to: Harp & looper #230460
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Hi dear fellow harpists,

    it’s been a while since I last uploaded a video, but yesterday I had a creative flash and recorded this. The music is mainly improvised and played with a looper pedal again (you can see it in the beginning of the video in the top left corner, but only faintly). Since I sometimes go diving, I still had some footage of a wreck dive I did last year in the Island of Krk, Croatia. I tried to play “pre-existing” tunes to the footage, but somehow it didn’t really work for me – it seemed to call for something less defined, dream-like and fluent. So this is what I came up with.

    Enjoy and have a nice weekend,
    yours,
    Susanne

    (hope embedding the vid works – I always forget how it’s done…)

    in reply to: Harp & looper #228750
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Thanks a lot for the video! Must be fun to play it with a looper, I’ll try it some time (at the moment I have so many “unfinished” ideas that it might take a while..)
    Love,
    Susanne

    in reply to: Harp & looper #228679
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Thanks Evolène, I’m happy you like it!
    But I’m just the harpist – these pieces are written by other people than me (by the ones whose names I put in brackets in the videos).
    Christoph Pampuch I know personally, Dagmar Hoffmann not yet – but their pieces are just lovely. My contribution is playing & recording them and make a nice video out of it. Which is a lot of fun!

    Just in case you are interested in the sheet music, here’s some links:
    http://harpamundi.de/shop/index.php?language=en&cPath=7
    http://harpamundi.de/shop/index.php?cPath=8

    Love,
    Susanne

    in reply to: Harp & looper #228619
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Hi everybody,

    just wanted to share this video (hope it gets embedded…) A calm and beautiful middle eastern kind of melody.
    Love,
    Susanne

    in reply to: Harp & looper #216057
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Hi everyone,

    just wanted to share my latest effort with the looper (actually it’s not an effort, but fun – although I have to concentrate when playing with a looper pedal…)
    It’s a lovely tune with a kind of “springtime” feeling. To me it speaks of hope and enthusiasm, although it is in minor.
    Love,
    Susanne

    in reply to: Merry Christmas! Here's a Video. :) #199090
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    @Andelin: that sounds wonderful! Merry Christmas to you!!

    And here are my Season’s Greetings for you – an old german Christmas Song, melody written by Johann Sebastian Bach, the arrangement is by Christoph Pampuch (more info in the description below the video on YouTube).

    On a walk in the forrest I had the idea to break off some bark from logs stacked up next to the path. I looked at it and it needed only a little bit of imagination and gold paint to make a nativity scene appear…!!

    Have a very merry and peaceful Christmas!

    Yours, Susanne

    https://youtu.be/Lg_4Umgsfok
    <p style=”margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;”></p>

    in reply to: ideas for Canons #198463
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Hi everyone,

    I already uploaded the tutorials in german, and the english version will come soon! It’s just that the tutorials got much longer than I expected, so it’s a lot to translate, but I’m at it!

    Yours,

    Susanne

    in reply to: ideas for Canons #198075
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Hi Rachel,

    there are two song books:

    1. Blaue Diamenten (= Blue Diamonds) – pieces and arrangements easier, and

    2. Die zerzauste Libelle (= The Tousled Dragonfly) – longer pieces, slightly more advanced

    on this website #1 and#6 from top:

    http://harpamundi.de/shop/index.php?cPath=7

     

    in reply to: ideas for Canons #197630
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    will do!

    It might still take some 2-3 weeks, but I’ll do an english version and post it here!

    yours, Susanne

    in reply to: ideas for Canons #197599
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Hi everybody,

    I uploaded some of Christoph Pampuch’s Circle Songs on YouTube, always in two voices like they are meant to be played (they work as solo pieces as well, but in fact they are designed as Canons). If you want to listen to it, here’s the link to my YouTube channel:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBf4xbUNCA9wfeMThFH1NNA

    The description under the videos is in german and in english.

    I uploaded these pieces because here in Germany there seem to be still a lot of harp teachers who believe that only classical music is “real” music, and therefore don’t let their students play Mr Pampuch’s tunes. Needless to say that I don’t think so! I find these pieces stunnigly beautiful, and if you want to play them as a Canon, both harpists must really have practiced well and play in time, so it’s really great for teaching as well.

    Question: is “in two voices” the correct english expression for playing harp in a Duo with myself as shown in the video? Thanks for feedback!!

    Probably I will soon upload some tutorials on how to record oneself in two voices (or how to create one’s own backing track to play along with it when practicing). I always encourage my students to form Duos or Harp Circles, but sometimes this is difficult (not enough time, difficulties with transporting the harps…) – so I want to show an easy method to practice playing together when you are on your own!

    You can order the Circle Song books at Christoph’s Web shop (no, I don’t get percentage for it, I’m just a big fan of his music 😉  English site:

    http://harpamundi.de/shop/index.php?language=en&MODsid=2baaa311d04ec0295f35b36d4dbd4c9a

    If you need the explanations in the book in english, just go ahead and ask him – maybe he will even make an english version, who knows!

    Have fun – and please help me with the “in two voices” question….

    Thanks and best wishes from Germany,

    Susanne Globisch

     

    in reply to: Post deleted? #197598
    susanne globisch
    Participant

    Hi Kim,

    thanks for the reply, I will post it again! Maybe it fits better into the “Repertoire” thread anyway…

    Yours, Susanne

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)