Saul Davis Zlatkovski

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 2,806 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: How to paint on harp? #70071

    The first pedal harp I ever played on was a Washburn Lyon & Healy owned by Minneapolis Public Schools. It had been repainted with official colors, ie. pea-soup green and drab brown. It looked AND SOUNDED hideous. I wonder whatever became of it.

    in reply to: Sad news for lovers of the Style 17 #70335

    The loss of such a beautiful design is indeed a sad blow for the harp, as there are so few to begin with. Will new designs ever have such balance of grace and beauty again?

    in reply to: help… #104512

    The publisher usually has information on a composer, at least a biography.

    in reply to: help… #104509

    Have you written to the publisher?

    in reply to: “Talent Magazine” Scam #146525

    It appears to be another talent promotion scheme like all the ones selling private lessons, this time in a magazine-like sort of format, and probably geared to either getting us to advertise, or attracting enough readers to support other ads. It might prove useful in time.

    in reply to: “Talent Magazine” Scam #146524

    Well, Kim Rowe is featured on the cover of one of the Philadelphia Talent issues. You have to sign up to read it though. It’s a scam, all right.

    in reply to: Bax: Concerto for Flute, Oboe and Harp #146449

    Fantastic, Clint. Thank you for all that information, so thoroughly researched. The descriptions really help.

    in reply to: Cruise Ship Gigs #146529

    Last time I checked, several or many years ago, the agents wanted to see a video of your program/act/set. Bramson was one agency, and there were others in Florida, where most of the cruises are.

    in reply to: What Harpists Say Video… #104515

    Well done. We could do more.

    in reply to: Bax: Concerto for Flute, Oboe and Harp #146446

    I don’t know if I have heard of this piece, it is not published that I know of, except perhaps as a rental piece, and I doubt anyone has played it. It could even be the premiere. I would be happy to mark it if she sent me a copy. His music is indeed nightmarishly difficult, sometimes.

    in reply to: Preludes Intimes IV #146531

    If you call me I can go over it with you. There are some specific indications I have for each piece.

    in reply to: Scales and arppegios? #82915

    The last four of Salzedo’s Conditioning Exercises are very suitable for that. They may ask you to play in different keys, which is kind of silly, but you can at least show that you know the pedal settings.

    in reply to: Harp repertoire for conservatory auditions #165823

    The Pescetti is just fine for your classical selection. It should not matter that it’s a transcription. The borders between musical periods are artificial, and not that exact. It has

    in reply to: Is college a requirement? #165835

    It is time to begin very intensive study and practice, up to three hours a day or more, if this is truly the path you wish to travel. You should also join a youth orchestra. I am going to be in the Twin Cities quite a bit if you want more guidance.

    in reply to: Debussy 1st Arabesque Bars 33-35 #165897

    How does it influence your phrasing, Carl?

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 2,806 total)