Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI got the music. The problem is I don’t like the theme, it’s so gloomy. I like how he varies it, but I would never want to hear it again. I like his Images much more. And he has a lot of pieces people never play. I find most of his music lays easily in the hand, and once you learn the notes, just practicing enough would seem to bring it up to tempo fine. I guess that’s why his pieces are so often in competitions for high school students.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI don’t know the other schools, but Skidmore is certainly good, and Elizabeth Huntley is certainly an experienced teacher and has a fine background.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantThat’s a good point, I know of none, but there are harpists who have specialized in new music, such as Elizabeth Panzer, Alyssa Reit, whom you could consult. If you could find a piece called Fragmentations by Sylvano Bussotti, it would be interesting. I used to have it. It is all graphic notation, and no music at all.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantSimon Cowell is a man of high pronouncements and low taste.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantIt is tragic. It is very hard to find a store where the staff are knowledgable about searching for music.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantThe Harvard Dictionary gives the designations as OO for the lowest octave, from the “Great C” on the piano downward (CBA), then O for the next higher, then 1, then 2. It is the opposite of our string ordering designations, but it is a standard for all instruments.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantWho was Tiny Beon?
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantWhy don’t people send me their guidelines, rules, etc., and I will compile them into one guide.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantEllen Ritscher
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantEllen Ritscher
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI’ve always thought, if only it had been by Glazunov, but alas…
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI definitely like that last answer. I was going to suggest that we might come up with a communal guide so it is less personal, and less of a tirade.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantYes, I think it is inappropriate unless the students are giving you gifts, beyond inexpensive harp trinkets or engraved pencils. I think I may have been given practice records,
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantWell that editor needs to do a re-printing. How unkind.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantProbably the Beon. Wait a minim, can you translate that into Americanese? You’re giving me the hemi-demi-semiquavers!
-
AuthorPosts