Samantha B

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Samantha B
    Participant

    I usually go with what I feel at the time… I’m a bit of a shy person as it is and sometimes I just feel uncomfortable or just don’t want others to touch my babies!! I feel that I don’t have to justify why because it’s my possession, after all. There’s also what you mentioned, kids can go on for ages and I feel a bit awkward when it’s time to ask them to stop.

    Sometimes I do say yes when I feel like it but I’ll stay seated at the harp and let them do a glissando or two.

    I once played at a school though and wouldn’t let anyone touch because if one person gets to, then I have to let everyone!

    in reply to: Students giving up after about a month #211690
    Samantha B
    Participant

    Thanks for the recommendation! I also agree that the Slyvia Woods book moves to fast and I try to make adjustments to make it more accessible, but this year I’m going to look into some different lesson books.

    in reply to: Seriousness of Damage? #191741
    Samantha B
    Participant

    Thanks for the responses. The student claims she didn’t know the crack was there, so I probably won’t find out how it happened. I’ll be contacting Rees today, hopefully my harp will live, haha.

    in reply to: Seriousness of Damage? #191731
    Samantha B
    Participant

    It seems like the pictures I tried to put up aren’t working, I’ll try again.

    back of neck

    in reply to: Looking for this song #188868
    Samantha B
    Participant

    Hello! The video you linked is me and I made the arrangement myself. I’m looking into getting some of my arrangements published, but for the time being distributing the sheet music would be illegal. Cheers and good luck

    in reply to: digital recording/selling #188662
    Samantha B
    Participant

    You should look into Loudr.fm, it’s a website where you can sell your music online yourself, it has its own online store and it can push your music to other platforms like iTunes and Google Play or Spotify if you want. It can even licence cover songs FOR you if that’s something you’re interested in 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)