Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
margaret-vance
ParticipantGood morning, Ellen!
I have had both hips replaced. The right hip was replaced on April 12th of this year and it was an anterior procedure. I played a bridesmaid luncheon three weeks after that. Of course, I had to have help loading and unloading the harp but otherwise it was fine. The first hip replacement was done in December of 2011 and it was a posterior procedure. I do not rightly remember how long it was after the surgery that I was able to play, however it was not very long. Having had both, I would recommend the anterior as it does not involve as much muscle and the incision is much smaller, thus the healing time is shorter. Anyway, best of luck.
margaret-vance
ParticipantDump him!
margaret-vance
ParticipantIf you are considering a hip replacement I would recommend that you find a surgeon who does the anterior procedure rather than the posterior.
margaret-vance
ParticipantI had my left hip replaced last December plus a broken pelvis, broken sacrum and
margaret-vance
ParticipantIf you touch my harp,
My real expensive harp,
I just don’t think you understand.
“Cause if you touch my harp,
My real expensive harp,
I might have to break your little hand!
(with apoplgies to Billy Ray Cyrus)
-
AuthorPosts