Eve

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: My Antique Erard on a movie set #222993
    Eve
    Participant

    Speaking of harps in movies does anyone know what the harp in Harry Potter is?

    in reply to: Harpist who played in ” The Bishop’s Wife” ? #222986
    Eve
    Participant

    Also, I came across that while De Lange did the lyrics, Emil Newmam and Herbert Spencer did the music. Newman’s nephew is Randy Newman, perhaps Randy Newman would know where a copy is?

    in reply to: Harpist who played in ” The Bishop’s Wife” ? #222985
    Eve
    Participant

    I know I am replying super late here….
    Are there any of the local/SoCal libraries that have film scores? Like maybe USC’s film school? I have read that LA public libraries have Attl’s collection of orchestral harp parts. The score (by Hugo Friedhofer) was nominated for an Oscar, could there be a copy at the Academy? Or one of the guilds/unions? Friedhofer passed away in 81 but a book about him came out in 2002, maybe the editor of the book would have some leads? Or the Film Music Foundation?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)