Han Hsieh

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: My five-year old brother wants to learn the harp?!? #111746
    Han Hsieh
    Participant

    I remember saw some video clips from youtube

    in reply to: Who is John Doe, vote now! #109953
    Han Hsieh
    Participant

    I just realized that Basel Sara’s name became John Doe in this forum. Is Basel really that naughty guy or it’s mistake?

    in reply to: lever harp vs. pedal harp #145141
    Han Hsieh
    Participant

    “But an electric lever harp with the sound of a crappy South American harp is poison to my ears, no matter what you do with it.”

    I can’t believe these words are coming from a PROFESSIONAL harpist. I think it’s insulting, and it’s multidimensional to other hopists, people, cultures, life styles………… history……. Sigh………..

    in reply to: Handel Passacaglia transcribed by Kondonassis #88110
    Han Hsieh
    Participant

    I have a copy of the same

    in reply to: Flat Chords: Yes or No? #88138
    Han Hsieh
    Participant

    My opinion is the same as #2, playing with what the music score says; unless the piece is open for adding ornaments.

    Esmeralda has a nice statement from other thread that can also be used on this one…….

    in general music… we seem to focus too much on presenting our personal interpretation of the work, rather than producing it the way the composer heard it in his mind and bringing out his personal individuality rather than ours.

    A harpist over doing broken cords is like a singer over rolling his/her tongue on every “R” sound when singing Italian songs. There are great musicians who refrain from injecting their personal essence into their performance, and rather remained true to the composer’s original expression.. Arghur Rubinstein’s Chopin collection is one of the best example.

    Finally, I do heard some harpists play flat cords clunky. Could it be

    in reply to: Canon in D, easy version? #88718
    Han Hsieh
    Participant

    Kate is right. I played her version

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)