Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Gretchen Cover
MemberAnother thread on the carbon fiber harp would be great. Meantime, back to the lights. I did a key word search on google “led lights for harp” and came up with 2 light kits. One is by Musicmakers, the other by Heartland Harps. Both are worth taking a look.
Gretchen Cover
MemberMaria, You are one of the first harpists to play Baroque Flamenco. Why not rearrange it for harp and piano? DHC encourages harpists to play the piece with other instruments and adapt BF to make it his/her own. Then you have flashy, the right time length and romantic:)
Gretchen Cover
MemberA Heartland carbon fiber harp with the light kit. Cool!
Gretchen Cover
MemberI have heard Salzedo’s Sonata for Harp and Piano on http://www.soundcloud.com. I just stumbled upon a new May 2015 youtube clip of the sonata. Do a key word search “aura contemporary harp and piano duet” to find it. The piece is incredibly difficult. Bravo to the harpist and pianist performing!
Gretchen Cover
MemberCheck http://www.vanderbiltmusic.com. There are some intermediate duets for harp/double bass. Also do some checking on youtube.
Gretchen Cover
MemberSalvi Harps has a showroom in the LA area. Alexandra Perdew is the sales rep. She is a harpist/teacher and is super knowledgable about harps. http://www.salviharpsinc.com. They have new and used harps.
Gretchen Cover
MemberMaybe you could hire a harpist to ‘harpize’ the part. This forum might be a place to find someone. There also are 2 Dutch harpists who specialize in marking harp parts playable at http://www.composingforharp.com. I don’t think it would be too difficult to make this an interesting harp part that enhances the trombone.
Gretchen Cover
MemberThank you, again, Clinton. I need to call Hinshaw to see if the full orchestra version (the only one without a sample page, grr) has a harp part. I missed the arrangement with SA/piano. That would be nice with flute, oboe and harp. I think I found the version I was looking for of A Gaelic Blessing – will find out when the music arrives.
Gretchen Cover
MemberEmily, I read your recent blog. Wow, what a schedule! You are the poster child for your good advice.
Gretchen Cover
MemberPatricia, thank you for your suggestion. There is a version of “May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You” on music notes. However, this is not the piece I am looking for the. The names are similar enough to get confused. I am looking for the harp/orchestra arrangement of John Rutter’s “The Lord Bless and Keep You.” I double-checked the lyrics just to be sure Mr. Rutter did not make an arrangement of Mr. Wilson’s song.
Gretchen Cover
MemberThank you for sharing the news. My first harp was Salvi Aurora #1911 (1975-76).
Gretchen Cover
MemberTacye, how did you install your leather felts? Did you sew them around the pedal. If so, did you have shoemaker make holes in the leather for you to stitch? Technical details appreciated. Also, how thick was the leather?
Gretchen Cover
MemberThank you, Clinton. I will contact Hinshaw about other versions. If anyone else is interested, A Gaelic Blessing can be purchased without the orchestra part (which adds substantially to the price).
Gretchen Cover
MemberLove the photo! New definition for “minstrel harp.”
Like Emma, no experience with this, but have you looked at Heartland Harps? They are made of carbon fiber so they are light.
Gretchen Cover
MemberEmma, thank you so much for the needed advice. A computer tech helped me put the mic in yesterday. Right now I just have some tape over the pickups to make sure they are in the correct place. I still needed to figure out how to keep the jack end secure so this will help. I wasn’t too comfortable with the clip that came with the kit. I use Command hooks and had not even thought to look at the other products. I have a lot of the hook backings so I am now going to try one to hold the mic in place. I appreciate your help.
BTW, I am following your hand saga and my thoughts are with you to get better.
-
AuthorPosts