Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantThe transcription is Prelude and Toccata, HWV 568, 475; Saraband (HWV 455). If you look at a web site of Handel’s music, it says that these pieces were written for keyboard.
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantNo, it didn’t work. If you email me at evolpebligh@gmail.com, I will send it to you.
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantI have a solution for this cadenza. I will try to post it here.
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantFound another error… in the last movement at reh. #47 and the next bar, the G’s should be octaves, the same as in the right hand in the bar before 48. (At least, this was how it was in the original edition.)
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantI will try posting it again to see if the typing stays in the window.
I am working on the Bernstein Serenade for Violin and Orchestra for a concert this week, and I had my old copied part which I had kept for the fingerings. The orchestra handed out rental parts that had been re-copied for legibility by Boosey & Hawkes, and there are some errors or discrepancies in the new part.In the bar before reh. letter “W” in the first movement, the left hand notes in the original are A, B, C, D, E, G, F, E. In the new part, they are A, B, C, D, E, F, G, E. So the G and the F are reversed. (It won’t matter at all the the audience, who won’t hear the difference.) I assume the original part is the correct one.
In the second movement, the very last chord should have an E#, not an F#, in it. The original part is correct, but the new part has the mistake.
Some of the cues have missing accidentals or articulation marks, but it doesn’t affect the harpist.
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantStrange…why is the typing going off the page? This has never happened before.
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantLuckily, the unplayable part in covered by the winds, so it works quite well with the editing. The opening has a beautiful dialogue with the flute and harp.
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
Participanthttp://www.cishi.ca/ is our new web site!
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantHere is a video of the end of our faculty recital last year, with all of playing a quartet version of “Polka” by Jacques Press.
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantThe dates are July 28 (orientation day) – August 10, 2013, at the Vancouver Academy of Music, 1270 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6J 4R9. Judy Loman and Cristina Braga will be joining us again. Our web site should be up in the next month. Looking forward to seeing old friends and new ones!
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantWhen I bought my last new harp, it also broke a lot of strings, but it has settled down nicely since then. It surprised me, because I had not had that problem before with previous instruments. Strangely, in the last year, the 2nd-octave E has broken every two months on a different 7-year-old harp. I have just tried switching to nylon to see if this stops the problem. I have been playing the harp since 1970, and my knot-tying has never been an issue. Does it seem that strings are more brittle now than they used to be?
January 10, 2013 at 11:04 pm in reply to: Chichester Psalms – lost my harp part, need one for student #61385Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantThanks so much, Barbara!
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantDo you have any friends or relatives who would be willing to drive you for less than that? Perhaps you could put a poster up at the school of music, asking if anyone has a car and would like to make some extra money. Just a thought. I know several harpists who take taxis to work, but perhaps it does not cost as much here.
Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantThanks so much! I thought it was probably Skaila.
January 2, 2013 at 7:32 pm in reply to: Faure’s Impromptu, Variations by Grandjany & Salzedo, Sonata by Bach on Pedal Harp? #61367Elizabeth Volpé Bligh
ParticipantThank you, Chad! The music is available from http://www.theavondalepress.com/catalog/category/sheet-music/harp/
-
AuthorPosts