Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
carl-swanson
ParticipantI think you’re going to have difficulty playing the harp with shoulder problems,
unless you can find some way of controlling the pain.
carl-swanson
ParticipantBrian- Find a teacher who is willing to teach you on a lever harp.
carl-swanson
ParticipantIf, after trying some of the excellent suggestions that have been offered, you
are still having problems, then I suggest you contact a physical therapist.carl-swanson
ParticipantAs a teacher I can tell you that I expect any student who studies with me to
make progress.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI decided to stand on the sidelines and read the posts that were put up after
posing my original question.
carl-swanson
ParticipantSo would I!
carl-swanson
ParticipantGee, it’s so nice to hear such nice things about my instruments!
carl-swanson
ParticipantBoth of your answers are excellent. Students don’t listen to other musicians
often enough, and that is such an important way to learn interpretation.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI agree with you on the issue of the Bochsa, and many other 19th century
etudes being focused primarily on the right hand.
carl-swanson
ParticipantElizabeth- I’m familiar with six pieces by Ibert, one of which is a delightful
Schertzetto.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI think that anyone, student or professional, will turn difficult passages of a
piece into a kind of technical study, breaking it down and practicing it in a
variety of ways in order to attain complete control over the notes.
carl-swanson
ParticipantSandy- There’s so much you didn’t tell us about your situation that it’s difficult
to make recommendations.
carl-swanson
ParticipantJulieanne- Those were two terrific responses.
carl-swanson
ParticipantCall Prince Charles!
carl-swanson
ParticipantI studied with him privately. By that time he was retired from the Paris
Conservatory. -
AuthorPosts