Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
barbara-brundage
ParticipantSince you have it, you might as well try it, but generally the white spot is a weak spot and the string will break sooner than it would otherwise, so I’d go ahead and order a replacement to have ready.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantAck. Sorry about the typo.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantHi, David. They took away the search function quite some time ago. Best way is to do a google search for the term with “site:harpcolum.com” included, or use the google advanced search and enter the site there.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantA few more:
Folk Harps by Gildas Jaffrenou
Child of Pure Harmony by Mike Parker (available from lulu.com, along with video illustrations of some of the techniques discussed)
Au coeur de la harpe au XVIIIme siecle by Laure Barthel (text is bilingual English and French)
and if you read French, La Harpe, sa mechanisme et ses facteurs by Andre Emmanuel
barbara-brundage
ParticipantAs Kay said, Roslyn Rensch’s books are great. I like “The Harp: Its History, Technique and Repertoire” the best, but that’s out of print. Your library might have it. Also “The Irish Harp” by Joan Rimmer.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantAlso musicmakers:
http://www.harpkit.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=decals
barbara-brundage
ParticipantOh, I’m jealous, Steve. I was just in France myself, but no time to go down to see the exhibition. Thanks for the PDF link–very interesting!
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI’m with Stephen. I haven’t heard anything that sounds better than the dusty. If you don’t want to spend that much, though, I’d look into the K&K pickup, which is like getting part of the dusty system (same pickups, not as many).
barbara-brundage
Participantbarbara-brundage
ParticipantReally nice, Sarah! Impressive lever technique, too. 🙂
barbara-brundage
ParticipantOh, found a wikipedia article about it:
barbara-brundage
ParticipantHi, Patricia. The lutheal was a special kind of prepared piano. There’s one at the Conservatory in Brussels, but that’s one of the very few left.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantYou’re welcome, Melissa. You might also look for arrangements of “And This is My Beloved”, which is based on it.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantIt’s a beautiful piece, isn’t it? Not for harp, but one of those big Library of Piano Classics books (sorry, don’t remember which one it is–it was in the music a cellist I used to work with brought to gigs) has a piano reduction of the main themes that lies fairly well for pedal harp.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantJust to clarify, these haven’t been available new since shortly before Mr. Hartwig died, which was quite a while ago, maybe ten years or more.
-
AuthorPosts