Anja G

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Buzzing problem – please, do you have tips for me? #105105
    Anja G
    Participant

    Adam,
    don`t worry about spelling my name wrong, no problem!
    Thanks a lot for oyur reply. The carpenter who made it doesn`t really know what to do. The buzzing really is frustrating, sometimes it ruins the joy of playing, but then it is much better on some days. And you are right, I don`t own this harp and hope and dream of buying a pedal harp one day, so I can`t spend money on adjustments to my hired harp (though I like this harp a lot). Do you have any tips about what should I care about when buying a pedal harp concerning the buzzing problem?
    Thanks again and best wishes
    Anja

    in reply to: If You Like Pop Music on the Harp… #105350
    Anja G
    Participant

    Rod, thanks a lot for posting. Beautiful! I didn´t know her, but now watched some of her youtube videos.
    Anja

    in reply to: The most stupid I’ve felt in quite some time. #105165
    Anja G
    Participant

    Adam,
    I agree with Jessica about the naked man :-)
    BUT: The music is wonderful and the sound so good and clear. It`s a pleasure to listen!
    Anja

    in reply to: favorite Grandjany youtube video #105478
    Anja G
    Participant

    Hello,
    thanks for sharing!
    This is one of my favorites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrDMp0K2qXs
    Alabamaharpist playing a wonderful arrangement of Pachelbel`s Canon in D.

    If any of you is interested in organg music, have a look at Joachim Essig in youtube, he is great as well (for example his Beatles arrangement for organ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgEmqmMreQg)

    Best, Anja

    in reply to: Another “new” harpist says hello to you! #105608
    Anja G
    Participant

    Rod, thank you for the nice welcome greetings.
    You have a beautiful harp (I have seen your harp`s portrait!), I dream of such a harp one day … .
    Kaiserslautern is not far away from my town (anyway we don`t have the wide american distances here!). What kind of music do you play after 4 years of playing?
    Best wishes, Anja

    in reply to: Another “new” harpist says hello to you! #105607
    Anja G
    Participant

    Jessica,
    these are all interesting places, full of culture and music (Amrum is a quiet and relaxing island!). If you like, you could tell me befor you come to Germany, I could send you some information!
    Best, Anja

    in reply to: Another “new” harpist says hello to you! #105606
    Anja G
    Participant

    Hello Kay,

    I know of Besigheim, it is only about one and a half hour drive from my town!

    And yes – I ENJOY HARPING :-)

    Anja

    in reply to: Please help me find this music! #105596
    Anja G
    Participant

    Dear Margaret, in my former job I had to do music related research sometimes. A great help have always been (american) music libraries.
    When searchign Wolrdcat you can see that one copy seems to be at the Koninklijke Bibliotheek in the Netherlands and another one (seems not to be specifically for flute and harp) at the Free Library of Philadelphia. If you are or could be affiliated with the University of South Carolina (I had contact with their music library) you could make an interlibrary loan request.
    I do not know if this is of any help to you, as it seems to be complicated … .
    Best wishes and good luck
    Anja

    in reply to: Another “new” harpist says hello to you! #105602
    Anja G
    Participant

    Hello Sylvia,
    thanks for your welcome! I learned on a wonderful Salvi pedal harp with an enchanting sound and a “Volksharfe” (one pedal harp) with my first teacher – it remains my dream to one day have a pedal harp at home…

    in reply to: Another “new” harpist says hello to you! #105601
    Anja G
    Participant

    Hi Jessica, yes, my days are duly completed with children and work, but I try to take the time for my harp, it`s so relaxing, calming, fulfilling … . The kids, es pecially the elder one, are also “playing” (that is pulling the strings carefully and listening to the nice sounds) the harp from time to time.
    Where in Germany do you come from, and do you sometimes still come over here?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)