Adair

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Lightweight amplifier? #112198
    Adair
    Participant

    Hi Katie & Nina,
    I still haven’t purchased amp. It is winter and I’ve put busking on the back burner for now with the snow, sleet and wind. And for when I get a bit of $$ saved. I need to call a guitar place and see if one them would have all of them for me to try. I really would love to see if the Roland AC33 works. I’ve got it on search on my local CL and classifieds and check it now and then to see if any used ones come up. They are a little err, pricey for me.

    Just wanted to mention that the Schatten pick up is portable, in that it can move from harp to harp with very little angst, which is a neato feature.

    The Roland BA55 stereo wireless speaker is another one I am interested in, if I can handle 22#. Wireless mic comes with it.

    I do like this thread.

    Tristan

    in reply to: Innovations in harp design, materials and engineering #76792
    Adair
    Participant

    dang you tacye, now i want a harpella. i wonder how much electronics extras you have to carry around with it. i love love love the colors. looks like it would be lightweight, except for the case.. apparently it weighs 25 lbs WITH the case. now i have to find out how much one would cost. Does anyone have one of these yet?

    Adair
    Participant

    Any small harp you choose can have a pick up added, to plug in. I would choose a small harp rather than a solid body, and have a pick up installed only because you can play it electric and also without electrifying. I am investigating small harps with wonderful sound, and have pinned some (yes, i too am pinterest obsessed). I have pin for .. harps, therapy and also an interesting pickup under amps for harp. There are some wonderful sounding small harps out there. But, you obviously know never to buy without listening/playing first. I have NOT played the therapy harps i have listed, but hope to. I also just played the carbon fiber delight the other day, and am a fan. I WANT the legend, to use for my therapy harp.. it is soooo lightweight and i can crash it around without worry. Working 7 days a week with a harp in and out of the car and hospitals makes for same bangs and bruises. Let us know what you decide on.. Tristan Adair

    in reply to: tell me about your lap harp #76327
    Adair
    Participant

    just wanted to suggest you also consider looking into this… marini harps are putting what looks like some kind of rubberized material that helps the harp stay put. i use a strap on my little harp (a Breton) but am looking for other ideas. i made a small music makers Limerick harp years ago and put a cello end pin on it, which goes up inside the harp when i am not using it, but I am still not happy with the wiggle factor.. perhaps exploring this rubberized material WITH knee bones would work out.
    here’s the link:
    http://www.marinimadeharps.com/lap-harp.htm

    tristan adair

    in reply to: Decorative dust covers #76170
    Adair
    Participant

    HarpCouture has some pretty ones, for lever or pedal. Also some burn out velvet ones that are the bomb. Clever items for harp. (I am not affiliated, just searching on the internet). They also have some more substantial dust covers, out of faux suede, called ‘harp jackets’. It sounds like they custom sew for your harp, so that’s nice. They also have some bright, reversible, fun cases for lap harps. Reasonable prices.

    in reply to: Decorative dust covers #76169
    Adair
    Participant

    Tevia, I would love to see a picture of your Irish flag dust cover.

    in reply to: Lightweight amplifier? #112182
    Adair
    Participant

    I like this conversation. I have been researching portable, lightweight, batt powered amps and a pick up. Has anyone ever tried the Roland AC33? Only weighs 10# , 30 watts with AC plug or a little less with batteries. Lots of effects and includes a looper, which seems hard to find on these little amps. I would love to mess with a looper. OR the Roland BA55 – tho described as used for a PA system, hmm could it work for harp? its a batt operated amp with included batt operated mic (bonus), which i would have to boom micstand to the lower end of my harp (negative: carting around a mic stand). Other than that one I am looking at the Roland cubes (there’s a few styles) and Crate taxi and limo. Most of the Crates have a built in rechargeable battery (con: which will eventually wear out) and the Roland portables have actual little batteries ( con: cost). The Roland cubes and some Crates can be found on ebay or your local craigslist type listings pretty easily.

    I am going to buy a Dusty Strings pick up or the Schatten. So far I have used mics & sound systems of venues, but rarely, because my harp is pretty great for big sound if I want it. But I am weary of tired fingers after a windy outdoor wedding. Also want to do some busking outside. BTW, i play a Musicmakers Gothic 31 which i adore for tone quality, big sound and sensitivity to touch. You are all welcome to have a look at my gathered research at my Pinterest page, where I have pinned many of my options to continue researching. If you are researching an amp, harp you want, or anything, try using pinterest to keep track, its picture based and very helpful. if you do go there, just click on an amp picture you are interested in, and it will first enlarge it, then click again on the pic and it will take you to the company website for full description. Tristan Adair.

    http://pinterest.com/tristanadair/harp-amp-pick-up/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)