sophiegrafharp

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Wedding gig rates in the U.S. and abroad #356246

    Hello! I’m curious about people’s 2024 rates since the last post here in 2022. I am in the process of increasing my rates to $1,000+ for a wedding ceremony. Here in San Diego, the going rate seems to be $400-450 – imagine my surprise upon finding this thread and discovering that that rate is barely above the average of $350 in 2015 (It was still $350 here in SD pre-COVID). I hope that musicians can collectively decide to ask for more money! I am certainly losing jobs because my prices are so high, but I only need to work half as many weddings since doubling my rate. I am certainly experiencing growing pains, but I hope it will pay off in the next 12-18 months.

    in reply to: Downton Abbey event #256730

    Also late but perhaps helpful for future gigs…

    I learned this piano suite that includes all (most?) of the recognizeable musical themes throughout the series. It’s pretty playable, except that the LH eighth notes are tiring and not very comfortable on harp. I edited to play them when necessary but drop to quarter notes or take notes in the RH when possible. Not fun, but doable. People do enjoy how recognizable it is, especially for the first page or two. There’s some beautiful “sweeping English countryside” half note stuff near the end too for a break!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)