robbin-gordon-cartier

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Original music for lever harp #191422

    Hi Jennifer, So glad you asked this question because there are such good suggestions already on this thread. With Deborah Henson-Conant, also check out her signature piece, The Nightingale. Then Baroque Flamenco and New Blues.
    I attended the Princeton Harp Festival this past weekend and met Francois Pernel. He premiered Camac’s new lever harp the Excaliber and the music that he played was mostly original pieces that he wrote for the lever harp. He likes to write music for the lever harp that can’t be played on the pedal harp and it brings out a really different feel and sound (big use of modes). Definitely worth the look. His email is opernolan@gmail.com. The Andres music also makes good use of the lever harp even though the Espices are not always listed in lever. If you need new Christmas music, while not original music Megan Methaney’s Bernard’s Christmas has combined Bernard Andres music with Christmas music and it makes for a nice change with the bonus of having the Andres music after the holiday!! I brought it here in Harp Column Music!

    in reply to: How to gracefully avoid handshakes? #112326

    I thought it was only me; I have no time for extra pain and what I do when someone reaches out their hand to shake mine is I reach past their hand and shake/touch above their wrist usually saying “it hurts my hands to shake!”

    in reply to: Teaching harp in schools #88445

    I started collecting lists and will begin to update them again this September. There are many but more should be created. I had 61 students this past year and would be glad to see if we could get something going by way of a collective body.

    Robbin

    in reply to: Teaching harp in schools #88444

    Hi Wendy,

    I don’t have any workshops coming up about this but we can talk about it if you want to e-mail or call. My e-mail is harpspirits@mac.com and my school number is 973-266-7003. That is in my classroom and there is a machine that I check when I am not there. It would be great for you to start a program – have you talked with or know Sharon Strange who lives and teaches in the DC area in the schools?

    I’ll send you handouts that I have done if that would be helpful and you e-mail your address.

    Robbin

    in reply to: Problems with jr. high students #89661

    I teach junior high and high school students.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)