Lynne Abbey-Lee

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Youtube Symphony Audition #110059
    Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

    Hi everyone! As one of those 2 finalists, may I make a shameless plug for your votes? I love playing in orchestra, and I love NYC, so this was the perfect contest for me! For those of you who don’t know, the winners (on all instruments) go to New York in April for a concert in Carnegie Hall with conductor Michael Tilson Thomas. I hope you enjoy my video.

    in reply to: Harp Teachers in Colorado #86826
    Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

    I teach in Lakewood, a suburb just west of Denver. If you’d like to contact me, my email is lynneal@champmail.com.

    Lynne

    in reply to: Looking for a teacher in the San Jose area #86894
    Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

    Thanks, Saul! It’s great to have someone come so highly recommended.

    in reply to: My String Keeps Breaking #167080
    Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

    If the string is breaking right at the peg, it could be that the hole the string goes through has a sharp edge or rough surface which cuts into the string and that’s why it keeps breaking. Slide one of those broken strings back and forth through the hole – can you tell if it’s catching on anything? If that’s the case, you would probably need some kind of small cylindrical metal file to smooth it out.

    in reply to: lever harp music with special harp effects #89123
    Lynne Abbey-Lee
    Participant

    I have also used some of the Gustavson and Andr?s pieces, which I like. However, my

    favorite lever harp piece with special effects is Kymation by Darhon Rees-Rohrbacher,

    published by Dragonflower Music. It calls for tuning of F#, G#, A#, B#, C, D, and E natural,

    so some re-tuning may be required, but it’s worth it. The special effects include glisses,

    harmonics, pdlt, xylophonic sounds, nail glisses, tapping with fingers and knuckles, and a

    whistle (quickly sliding your flattened hand up on the wire strings to create a whistle

    effect). The students I’ve used it with have also enjoyed it. I would probably rate it

    advanced-beginner or early intermediate (definitely easier than Andr?s’ Epices, for

    instance).

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)