Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Dot Pecson
ParticipantMy iPad, with a program/app called Forscore. All my music is on there… Blugrass, contra, Irish, etc. I’m editing each tune to hilite the chords and note oddball fingerings as needed. Love playing ‘Turkey in the Straw’ on harp!
Dot Pecson
ParticipantDifferent sounds for different folks.
Some like the bright sound of a Triplett; others want a gentle tone of a smaller harp. It’s very much a matter of personal choice.
I’ve helped small-scale harp builders sell harps for quite a few years. I always take the future-player aside and tell him/her to play every harp before deciding which one appeals the most.
The harp is an instrument that has a way of living in your soul. You need to choose the one that resonates closest in your heart and soul.
Then go forth and charm the world!
Dot
November 13, 2011 at 7:59 pm in reply to: Dusty Strings FH26 – do the older versions hold up (1988)? #70604Dot Pecson
ParticipantWell, I can’t quite go back to 1988, but I have a Dusty (34 strings) that my dh gave me on our first anniversary in April 1995. It has been well-loved and well-lugged-around, although it has never been shipped anywhere.
It’s in fine fettle now, sounds better if anything than when I first got it. Oh, I do know it sat in the music store for a few years before I got it – because I loved dropping into the store and playing it!
Dot
-
AuthorPosts