Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
SEB
ParticipantAs a Board Certified Music Therapist, I just wanted to mention to people to take care about using the words “music therapy” and “music therapist” as these apply to a very specific type of training which includes conservatory type music training with a cycle of music therapy courses, clinical experiences and extensive internship. I get a little suspicious when I hear things like “healing rhythms” and hear people talking about healing modes/scales, tuning forks, chakras, etc. While these things may or may not have value, music therapy is a process that involves assessment, setting goals, treatment plans and evaluation. It is also not completely about music/sound/rhythm acting on a client, but about how music is used in context of a therapeutic relationship that includes client, music and therapist. A great resource to really understand the difference is a book by Lisa Summer called “Music: The New Age Elixir” in which she debunks many of the things that purport to be “music therapy” but ultimately are scams, and if you really think about them pretty foolish.
SEB
ParticipantThank you, Sid…I will try your advice and see what happens. And Janis, you describe it exactly. It is a slight thing that someone standing far away would not notice, but up close, it if “within the realm of noticeable” AND very annoying!
-
AuthorPosts