Pete Johansen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Help with ID on a Lyon and Healy #72204
    Pete Johansen
    Participant

    Thanks a lot for all the info. I’m going to give Lyon & Healy a call next week and talk to them about it. See what they have to say as they’re only two hours away. Really great to be able to know a little more about it.

    in reply to: Help with ID on a Lyon and Healy #72200
    Pete Johansen
    Participant

    What is the name of Carl’s shop?

    in reply to: Help with ID on a Lyon and Healy #72199
    Pete Johansen
    Participant

    I realized that shortly after I posted that I had incorrectly called them levers. Can you tell I’m a greenhorn?

    in reply to: Help with ID on a Lyon and Healy #72193
    Pete Johansen
    Participant

    So would that make it roughly equivalent to a more modern Semi Grand, or are these early harps considered more of an antique than a functional instrument.

    I’m pretty familiar with guitars, and know that they changed so many things about how they were made in the 30’s and 40’s that many instruments earlier than that are considered more of an antique than a players instrument.

    I’m relatively close to Chicago, does Lyon and Healy offer restoration and regulation services, or are independent shops the way to go?

    in reply to: Help with ID on a Lyon and Healy #72191
    Pete Johansen
    Participant

    Removed the wood block and the only thing written on it was #550 with two lines underneath. I don’t know if saying that it has 45 strings and 7 levers helps at all.

    in reply to: Help with ID on a Lyon and Healy #72190
    Pete Johansen
    Participant

    It has a serial number of 550. Which seems pretty low from what I’ve seen. I’ll remove that block in a little bit to find out which model it is. Thanks. Excited to find out more! I’ll snap a few pictures too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)