patricia-jaeger

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 950 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Flute and harp repertoire ideas. #149498

    Denise, no one has mentioned so far, the Sonata per flauto ed arpa Op. 135

    Jamie, can you ask her, or her

    in reply to: building plans for lap harp #73487

    Raye,

    in reply to: composing/arranging for harp #158480

    Katie, two books might help: Harp Scoring by the late Stanley Chaloupka (available from Salvi Harps) and The ABC of Harp Playing by Lawrence/Salzedo, the second half of the book especially. Best if you talk frequently with someone who teaches the harp; take some lessons for at least 6 months to get the feel of those strings, especially your left hand which is turned around completely from the way you have held the neck of the violin.

    in reply to: Finding students #149535

    Mr. S, I do believe the high cost of harps holds much talent from being developed, that is out there, We all know that musical talent is not tied to wealth; it can be hidden in the most unlikely people. Therefore, find a way to acquire or have someone make

    in reply to: Finding students #149532

    Saul, I was able to buy four lap sized harps at once, and was given a discount. Over time, I acquired forty, but Mildred Dilling bought more; she was the maker’s “best customer”, he told me. These 22-string harps with no levers, had perfect concert harp

    in reply to: Need advice on my new double strung harp. #158504

    http://www.laurieriley.com might be helpful. She is a performer and teacher and one of her harps is double-strung.

    in reply to: Finding students #149530

    For 16 years I taught a well-attended

    in reply to: Harp and percussion pieces #149577

    Beverly Colgan

    in reply to: Valses Poeticos #149594

    Elizabeth, I’ve just e-mailed you Anna-Maria Ravnopolska-Dean’s personal contact information. The copies she gave me are photocopies, in manuscript, that you could borrow if time is of the essence, before your printed copy arrives. However, try Michigan Harp Center in the U.S., owner Kelly Yousoufian, as she carries Ravnopolska CD recordings, and may have printed music also. Anna-Maria’s own performance of this Granados work, along with other compositions by Watkins, Francisque, Bach, Salzedo, Albeniz, Tournier, Parish Alvars, and Jongen are on the CD “A Harpist’s Invitation to the Dance”, GR24, Gega New recording, made in 1993. Good luck!

    in reply to: Working with physical limitations… #83758

    Re fingerless gloves: on You Tube, Yo Yo Ma is wearing them while playing his cello outdoors in the snow, in one scene. Floradella Sacchi, virtuoso harpist from Italy, wore them when she played a formal recital in Seattle this year. That was indoors, in a chapel.

    in reply to: Dusty Strings Pedal Harp PICK UP (any reviews?) #149606

    This pick-up was endorsed by Paul Baker, well known concert harpist and arranger.

    in reply to: Course for Composers #149601

    Saul, perhaps the

    in reply to: Morley copy made in China #149612

    Arsalaan, like Jessica above, I was not able to see your link without signing in to Facebook. I am untrustworthy of those online social networking sites. I have enough actual friends in the real world and want any online information to stay secure. By the way, I have a Dilling 33-string harp; so do Emily Mitchell, Paul Hurst, Erik Berglund- it is wonderful.

    in reply to: CPE Bach Harp Sonata #148060

    A very

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 950 total)