Musical Baby

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Aspiring Harpist! #156954
    Musical Baby
    Member

    Thanks, Mary. I will definitely check out that website. Bridgetown is much further away from where I live, but I am trying to find every opportunity I get to visit every harp shop in the Maritimes. What type of harps does he make? This is the first time I’ve heard of him.

    in reply to: Aspiring Harpist! #156953
    Musical Baby
    Member

    Thanks for your response, Tacye. I am trying to find a teacher who is familiar with both, so, if I do end up starting on a lever harp, or a pedal harp, I can use either one later, with no problems. I am still trying to rent out a pedal harp, or as you’ve just mentioned, a lever harp with pedal type stringing (which I can look into as well). And yes, it is VERY hard to find someone around here with classical technique.

    in reply to: Aspiring Harpist! #156950
    Musical Baby
    Member

    I did come across one person who I think would be able to teach me, but I’m just waiting to hear back from her.

    in reply to: Aspiring Harpist! #156949
    Musical Baby
    Member

    Thank you for the reply. I am currently trying to find a teacher, and yes, I am definitely going to rent one (or try out several different ones) before I actually decide to purchase one. It’s just hard to try to find the right person to teach me in the style of music that I want to go with.

    in reply to: Aspiring Harpist! #156948
    Musical Baby
    Member

    Nova Scotia. I found one teacher, who I’ve contacted earlier today. I am just awaiting a reply. She lives five hours away, though, but I’m sure we can arrange something where I can travel once every month or two for a lesson. She is the only person I found so far who knows how to play on a classical-style harp. Every other person plays only the celtic/folk/gaelic type of harp.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)