linda-hamilton

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Car for Carbon Fiber “Legend”. #103224
    linda-hamilton
    Participant

    I have the larger harp, the Delight, and it fits fine in the back of my Elantra hatchback.

    Linda

    in reply to: heartland carbon fiber harps??? #70091
    linda-hamilton
    Participant

    I have a Lyra 22 and really enjoy it for travelling. It was the smallest harp I could find with at least 22 strings. It sounds quite nice and is small enough to fit easily in overhead bins on airplanes. It’s also quite light. I added shoulder straps to the case and carry it as a backpack.

    I’ve found the 22-strings to be a bit of a challenge of course — I find 26+ easier, but there’s no way I can get anything as small as a Lyra with 26 strings :-)

    If you take it in a boat, you should be careful to dry the metal whenever it gets wet. I had some trouble with metal corrosion when I took it across the ocean and played outside with salt spray but have got it cleaned up. Next time I get it wet, I’ll definitely treat the metal better (I’d only been worried about the wood).

    I also have a Delight carbon fiber harp and love it! The tone is wonderful and I find it easy to cart around. It took me a while to get comfortable with it since it doesn’t lean back (but then I was never that comfortable with the lean-back ones either) but it feels quite natural to me now. Mine is black and I love the way it looks.

    Linda

    in reply to: C, F, and B Levers #161021
    linda-hamilton
    Participant

    Thanks! I was beginning to suspect that but wasn’t sure since so much of the books I’m learning from talked about all levers down for the key of C.

    Do levers put pressure on the strings? (I’m using Loveland levers). Should I make sure to put the levers back down when I finish practicing or when I travel?

    Thanks.

    Linda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)