lily-reagan

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 1st harp on the way….now what? #161018
    lily-reagan
    Participant

    Congratulations on the harp!

    Is there a local teacher that you could just check in with, after you have worked to a certain point yourself? You don’t have to start weekly, lessons, but it is good to also have someone check your technique, as well as your seating, and so on. Also, it would be good to look into different techniques because it will truly shape how you sit, practice, and overall play. Everything you learned will come back, and the showtunes/hymns will really help!

    What kind of harp did you get?

    Again, congratulations!

    Lily

    in reply to: Glissando blister #161247
    lily-reagan
    Participant

    Hi!

    At my audition for Eastman, I was play a piece that was a page full of glisses. I acquired a blister about twenty minutes before my audition. Since I was used to just water blisters, I just punctured it, and but some tape over it. After a couple minutes of playing, it all was fine.

    You could just drain it, and get it over with…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)