Lacy Burnett

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Old Harp #70373
    Lacy Burnett
    Participant

    Thanks! Do you know anyone who could tell me more about replacing the strings?

    in reply to: Old Harp #70371
    Lacy Burnett
    Participant

    Here are some pictures of the damage, is there any hope left for this poor harp?

    This is at the back right at the bottom.

    This runs nearly the full length of one of the back panels, and looks like someone once tried to glue it together rather badly.

    in reply to: Old Harp #70370
    Lacy Burnett
    Participant

    I wondered about that, Diana, but all the strings that are on it now seem to be nylon. Who knows how recently those were put on though.

    in reply to: Old Harp #70368
    Lacy Burnett
    Participant

    Thanks Tacye! I’ll do some research on that and see what I come up with. I wonder if I posted some pics of the damage, could anyone tell me how far gone this poor thing is?

    in reply to: Old Harp #70366
    Lacy Burnett
    Participant

    Thanks, John! I wondered if that might be the answer, but the funny thing is, the strings don’t go through the center, they are actually on the side like a traditional celtic harp. It does have to lean back though, and the front pillar is very light. I think it’s built for a much lighter tension than my other harps, and the strings have no coloring on them at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)