Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Jan Ryderstam
ParticipantThis has happened to myself as well,
I bought a Salvi trolley a year ago. This last christmas one of the weels fell of, but I managed to save the harp from falling.
Last week the handle broke. It completely separated from the shafts. Fortunately I had just started to drag the harp, so I still held it with both hands. Imagine what the result would be if this had happened during hoisting it up the stairs!
Following the failure, I did a careful check of the construction and material. There are two dovetails on both sides of the handle to secure the handle to the shafts. The problem here is that the dovetails are so large that they leave too little material in the shaft. This made the shafts split in exactly the same place on both shafts. The wood seems to be some kind of spruce. It is not very durable and easily splits along the fibers. I would be very careful with using this trolley with an expensive harp as the failure was systematic and not just an accident.
I have contacted Salvi and they have offered me a new trolley, but I would rather have my money back and change to another brand.
For those interested I have pictures showing the failure.
Are there any others who have experienced similar problems?
/Jan
-
AuthorPosts