HFLINN

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Amp recommendation? #188934
    HFLINN
    Participant

    Kate…my harp duo partner and I use Roland AC-33 http://www.roland.ca/products/ac-33/ It is super portable, 10 lbs, has every conceivable input/output, EQ, chorus, looper, antifeeback, plus more and it is Battery or AC. It is great for most venues that a harpist would play and works well as a monitor if you need to go through the house PA in a large hall. 15W + 15w on AC – this is perfect for us but I’m not sure how much power you need.
    Cheers and good luck…H

    in reply to: String Popping Prevention #188023
    HFLINN
    Participant

    Lisa, As soon as I tell you this I’m sure I will hear a string pop….but, here goes….. I am fortunate to have a harp that I can use exclusively for taking out to play gigs and when it is home it just sits packed away ready to go, until the next event, with its nice padded dust cover on….This is just to tell you that I rarely ever have a popped string on this harp…PERHAPS, by keeping it covered, this is helping to maintain the strings? Perhaps this is crazy thinking? Or perhaps inside its cozy cover is a nice stable micro-climate just perfect for strings? I do replace the strings if they start to sound “thunky” or if they have been on for a long time. Who knows really…but my other uncovered harps pop their strings with abandon and almost always in the middle of the night!

    HFLINN
    Participant

    I wear “straight-top 35s” for playing the harp. These are a. custom bifocal where the prescription for the reading portion is calculated by measuring the distance from the bridge of your nose to your music stand. The “35” refers to the fact that the reading portion is extra wide so that you can move your eyes back and forth to the music stand and not your head. The upper part of the bifocal is your regular distance prescription. If you ask for them to be made in the thinnest lens possible they look very nice and the line is almost invisible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)