Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
HarperGirl
ParticipantThank you, Biagio! I’m feeling somewhat better about it. I ordered the harp with Nylgut strings. I hope they are better than the nylon.
Muzikkon has been wonderful to me, answering a plethora of questions and letting me make changes to my order! I’m so naive, it was only after I had paid for the harp that I found out it was made in Pakistan (thru other research). I figured maybe the Pakistani harp makers make a range in their quality of harps and if a music store carries them, they must be the high end of quality.
I guess it’s a wait and see about the levers. There are a few harp makers in Boston, MA area that I can take it to if a problem arises.
I appreciate your time to assuage my fears!
I’ll start another thread should I need it!
Sincerely,
MarlaHarperGirl
ParticipantI’m happy the admins left this post up. Now I’m scared, too, (after reading thru all the responses) of the playability of my first harp, also purchased from Muzikkon in Dublin, Ireland. I just received notification that it’s at Heathrow airport, London, outbound for Massachusetts, USA.
I too couldn’t afford a Dusty or Camac… and purchased this one to take lessons on, and save for a “named” harp. Its costing me over $100 to ship (and at least that much, from the sounds of it, to ship it back. I bought the 28 string Claddagh Lever harp, in walnut, I saved from my pension for 3 months waiting to have enough money to buy it. I feel so stupid. I’ve been so excited. My friends are all excited as well, and now my hopes are dashed. I didn’t ask about a warranty, either, and should have. I did buy thru EBay, paying with PayPal. So there’s hope of support if I have to return it.
I’m so incredibally disappointed and upset with myself. I should have known better, and saved my money longer. It’s true… the less you pay for something, the lower the quality it will inevitably be. Hubby says I’m “jumping the gun” since it’s not here yet. If it’s that bad we’ll return it. Sounds like it’s easier said than done. Sigh.
-
AuthorPosts