Hannah White

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are Your Fall/Winter Plans? #143255
    Hannah White
    Participant

    Marco,
    It sounds like you’ve got some great plans going as well!
    Best wishes in your 2014 endeavors.

    -Hannah

    in reply to: Exercises for arpeggios #60560
    Hannah White
    Participant

    Gretchen,
    I just recently found Josh Layne. He has some great stuff out on youtube!
    I am currently teaching and am trying to acquire more students. But it seems that harp isn’t as popular as it should be;) Here is my newest video http://youtu.be/cpGNSvTENoI

    Enjoy!

    in reply to: Exercises for arpeggios #60558
    Hannah White
    Participant

    Gretchen,
    Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I am hoping to make more videos like this.

    in reply to: Exercises for arpeggios #60555
    Hannah White
    Participant

    Here are a few tips for you! Be sure to keep your hands very relaxed. Try to play them fast and quiet too.
    http://youtu.be/8qFknWvNkaY

    in reply to: Pain w/ the pinky… #113376
    Hannah White
    Participant

    Tracye, you’re on to something. I’ve had tennis elbow and it did cause some pinky issues…I forgot about that.

    in reply to: Pain w/ the pinky… #113374
    Hannah White
    Participant

    Tracey,
    It seems to me that you are holding tension in your pinky and or in your hand. Here are a few things to check:

    Are you making sure that your pinky is not curling up? Your pinky should not stick out any further than your 4th. finger.

    Is it completely relaxed and staying pretty parallel to the 4th. finger? These two fingers should act as one when being played; whatever the 4th. does, the pinky follows suit.

    In general is your hand relaxed? Pay special attention to your pinky finger as well as the muscle on the side of the pinky. The rest of your hand too should be relaxed. Try placing your hand on the strings and start to play, then stop yourself and check “where am I feeling tense or holding tension?”

    Are you keeping 2-3-4 close to the same level on the strings when they are place? If they’re spread out, that may be causing unnecessary tension on your tensions.

    I hope some of this helps to solve your pinky issues!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)