Doubting Girl

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Venus Seraphim or Chicago Petite 40 #69992
    Doubting Girl
    Participant

    It could be me, but I think the Lyon & Healy has a more resonant rich sound.

    in reply to: Hypermobility and string tension, buying a harp #70186
    Doubting Girl
    Participant

    UPDATE

    So it’s been a year with my Crescendo harp and I’m happy with it, but I still miss that FH36S maple harp. Now I saw it’s still in the shop… I’ve been talking with friends about harps (I was thinking about an Allegro26 to play on camping and whatnot) and it got me talking about the FH36S again. They say I should do it, trade in my Crescendo and buy the FH36S. It’s not that I don’t have the money, but those are savings and it’s always scary to touch those!

    A year ago it was too scary to spend so much money since I had only been playing harp for 6 months… I wanted a more portable harp, but turns out I don’t bring it anywhere… I don’t attend workshops or go to ensembles or something.

    Then again, I’m young, I just graduated, looking for a job and thinking about moving out of the house. It’s not that I won’t have any savings left after buying the FH36S, but still…

    in reply to: Hypermobility and string tension, buying a harp #70184
    Doubting Girl
    Participant

    I was thinking the same thing, it is a great portable harp next to a future FH36S. I will be playing this particular Crescendo this Saturday again. I’m curious how I’ll like it this time, since you say it can change 🙂

    in reply to: Hypermobility and string tension, buying a harp #70182
    Doubting Girl
    Participant

    I only saw the harp once and ofcourse it got a bit overlooked since the FH36S has such a magnificent sound. I do like a more brighter sound, and less a warm, mellow sound. The Ogden is quite warm and the Crescendo 34 brighter, so I do like the sound, I’m just afraid of the adjustement. I really wanted a harp that I could touch gently to have sound and it was a big adjusment to me to play on pedal harp strings, I find the tension quite high and requires quite some strength of my fingers. But I kind of got used to it and now I’m afraid that I will get annoyed by the lower string tension and the thinner strings. I can’t rent a crescendo, I’ve already spent enought on renting and this secondhand crescendo is a good opportunity. I was just hoping someone could reassure me that the adjustment with the strings will be fine.

    in reply to: why do you play the harp? #106623
    Doubting Girl
    Participant

    I started playing because my heart was broken and I’ve always wanted to play it. I started to listen to harp music to soothe myself, but playing it myself works even better!

    I love how I can forget everything around me and it’s only me and the strings. I love to learn a new song and be totally occupied by it. I love to play songs I already know and play so long that I kind of lose myself in it. It’s a bit like meditation.

    I would love to play songs that express how I feel at that moment, but I’m still a beginner, so I’m working on that.

    in reply to: Hypermobility and string tension, buying a harp #70180
    Doubting Girl
    Participant

    Renting is not an option, it is a secondhand Crescendo and it’s a lucky chance that I can buy one.

    I was wondering, so no one compromises? You all go for that big love, even though it costs a lot?

    in reply to: Hypermobility and string tension, buying a harp #70175
    Doubting Girl
    Participant

    The FH36S IS my dream harp, but it is really not possible to buy that one, so I’ll have to compromise.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)