Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
February 5, 2013 at 12:13 pm in reply to: Salzedo’s Theme in Ancient Style/ Grandjany’s Haydn Fantasy Variations #61392
chad-song
ParticipantWow this really helped me to learn this Salzedo piece I needed to do this. So much thanks I say for your help. I made so much progress on that piece thanks to this link. I am so happy now. Chad
January 13, 2013 at 4:10 am in reply to: Faure’s Impromptu, Variations by Grandjany & Salzedo, Sonata by Bach on Pedal Harp? #61370chad-song
ParticipantAlison – This is exactly my plan. Except I found smaller pedal harp. Hard to drive about 3 hours to get it and I pay to much for rental. But this was needed to be done so I can worked on my Grandjany and Salzedo pieces especially hard during this trip’s time, There is also a very bad tuned piano here. – I do some work on it, when I find out a way to get this Grandjany and Salzedo pieces.
chad-song
ParticipantThanks very much Kreig. The picture 1 helped the most. The harp fit well. I had good concert performance. You helped me so much.
Good Happiness for your New Year.
ChadJanuary 3, 2013 at 7:26 pm in reply to: Faure’s Impromptu, Variations by Grandjany & Salzedo, Sonata by Bach on Pedal Harp? #61368chad-song
ParticipantHearing yourself play pieces written by yourself -very helpful to me to learn your pieces for playing in ways you wrote it for harp. I own the volume, the pieces move the emotions so much! Thanks for contribution to the repertoire – Ms. Bligh. You said maybe I could borrow the pedal harp to practice the faure, grandjany pieces etc? Is it possible to use a lesser string harp to play them? Like 40 string pedal harp? Im thinking I can rent a smaller pedal harp and then drive it to where I stay on vacation. I dont have the pieces with me – faure, bach etc. I cant check. Thanks so much Ms. Bligh!
chad-song
ParticipantThanks Kreig and Ms. Bligh.
I think I can understand better now – how to put the harp in the car. I try that later today for practice for performance.
ChadDecember 29, 2012 at 9:07 pm in reply to: Faure’s Impromptu, Variations by Grandjany & Salzedo, Sonata by Bach on Pedal Harp? #61366chad-song
ParticipantThanks Ms. Bligh. I try that when I’m away from home. I don’t think I can take pedal harp with me on trip or borrow pedal harp – It’s very remote place I go to see extended family. I really like your harp pieces videos on youtube.
Thank you,
Chadchad-song
ParticipantHello Everyone,
I’m wondering if you can show me diagram of how harp would fit in prius – Kreig? My 1st language not English, my sister translate questions and answers. for me. She don’t know how to explain to me. How to fit the harp in Prius from Kreigs post.
Thanks very much.
ChadwellDecember 27, 2012 at 7:36 am in reply to: Faure’s Impromptu, Variations by Grandjany & Salzedo, Sonata by Bach on Pedal Harp? #61364chad-song
ParticipantDear Carl,
To answer your question: I am learning these four works at once, at the request of my teacher. She wants me to prepare them for University auditions in 2014. Thank you for pointing out that I never clarified where I am in my stage of development on these pieces. Late October was when I started these works, I’ve got the first two movements of the Bach Sonata under my fingers. Previously about 18 months ago I did some work on the Impromptu. Thinking on it now, I will need to do some refresher work on it. Sincerest apologies for not having clarified this on the posting. These works are a big undertaking. With devoted hours each day on the set pieces, I think they could be ready by Summer. Then I would memorize them, I’m thinking.
I’m wondering if I could play these works on a lever harp, and how to approach them on a lever harp. My teacher is away in Hong Kong, I tried to contact her – I have not been able to reach her at all. Any wisdom you can doll out to me, would be much beneficial to this challenge, I have encountered.
Happy Holidays,
Chadwell SongDecember 25, 2012 at 4:40 am in reply to: Looking for Henriette Renie’s Classiques de la harpe, Volume VII #61356chad-song
ParticipantDear Barbara and Patricia,
A quick notes of thanks, to you both for your sound advice!Barbara, now that I am home for the holidays, I will contact lyramusic.com and order all three volumes.
Patricia, I will also contact Leduc and Zimmerman, to ask them if they can help me in my search. Unfortunately for me, I am horrible at transcribing works for harp. I’ve tried before and failed miserably. If anyone does make a transcription of this beautiful work by Schumann, please contact me. As you all know Schumann’s works are all in public domain.
Warm wishes of holiday cheer.
Chadwell Song
-
AuthorPosts