Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84219

    I’ll pass…..wouldn’t want to get any “spillage” on the harp…..or puke on someone else’s for that matter. Besides, I value my liver…..I’ll just leave that for you. Enjoy!!

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84932

    I’ll pass…..wouldn’t want to get any “spillage” on the harp…..or puke on someone else’s for that matter. Besides, I value my liver…..I’ll just leave that for you. Enjoy!!

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #85442

    I’ll pass…..wouldn’t want to get any “spillage” on the harp…..or puke on someone else’s for that matter. Besides, I value my liver…..I’ll just leave that for you. Enjoy!!

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84213

    Nope….you really haven’t played a 4-manual organ or you wouldn’t make such a silly comment. I have to reach out just as far on the top manual as I do on the harp to reach the bottom string — farther sometimes requiring a stretch to get some of the stops. That was a ridiculous comment, you know. The gliss comment is even sillier. Do you drink late at night when you post here?

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84926

    Nope….you really haven’t played a 4-manual organ or you wouldn’t make such a silly comment. I have to reach out just as far on the top manual as I do on the harp to reach the bottom string — farther sometimes requiring a stretch to get some of the stops. That was a ridiculous comment, you know. The gliss comment is even sillier. Do you drink late at night when you post here?

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #85436

    Nope….you really haven’t played a 4-manual organ or you wouldn’t make such a silly comment. I have to reach out just as far on the top manual as I do on the harp to reach the bottom string — farther sometimes requiring a stretch to get some of the stops. That was a ridiculous comment, you know. The gliss comment is even sillier. Do you drink late at night when you post here?

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84211

    “No other instrument can play fluxes/glissandi”

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84924

    “No other instrument can play fluxes/glissandi”

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #85434

    “No other instrument can play fluxes/glissandi”

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84207

    I agree with Carl. I play piano and harp, and I can absolutely assure you that learning etudes did not dull my senses as a musician. It reinforces the ability to play musically and technically well when it’s time to play a piece of music. Scales and etudes are every bit as necessary to good technique on the harp as they are on the piano. Personally, I think studying etudes is even more important to good harp technique than to piano technique, as I have found that harp technique is more demanding……there is more to pay attention to, perfect…..you are actually using your body part against the string without all the “stuff” between you and the string. While there is fingering on the piano, and touch on the piano, there isn’t placing and closing and lifting.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #84920

    I agree with Carl. I play piano and harp, and I can absolutely assure you that learning etudes did not dull my senses as a musician. It reinforces the ability to play musically and technically well when it’s time to play a piece of music. Scales and etudes are every bit as necessary to good technique on the harp as they are on the piano. Personally, I think studying etudes is even more important to good harp technique than to piano technique, as I have found that harp technique is more demanding……there is more to pay attention to, perfect…..you are actually using your body part against the string without all the “stuff” between you and the string. While there is fingering on the piano, and touch on the piano, there isn’t placing and closing and lifting.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Etudes Sequence #85430

    I agree with Carl. I play piano and harp, and I can absolutely assure you that learning etudes did not dull my senses as a musician. It reinforces the ability to play musically and technically well when it’s time to play a piece of music. Scales and etudes are every bit as necessary to good technique on the harp as they are on the piano. Personally, I think studying etudes is even more important to good harp technique than to piano technique, as I have found that harp technique is more demanding……there is more to pay attention to, perfect…..you are actually using your body part against the string without all the “stuff” between you and the string. While there is fingering on the piano, and touch on the piano, there isn’t placing and closing and lifting.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: going once, going twice, SOLD! #109515

    Oh how wonderful!!! I know you’ve been waiting a long time for this. I can hardly wait to follow the search…..you ARE going to keep us informed on every move you make right?

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Best Cars for a Concert Grand #166632

    You can get everything in…..except for the person in the passenger seat needs to have very short legs.

    in reply to: Best Cars for a Concert Grand #166630

    There are multiple threads on this. Do a search on Google for Harpcolumn + harp car or something similar, and I think you will find them.

    In the meantime, as I recall, people love the Toyota Sienna van, Dodge Grand Caravan with seats that stow, and I think I read that a Volvo wagon was nice. My teacher loves her Ford Taurus wagon, but it’s older and not made any longer. I got my concert grand Camac into my Subaru Outback with no problems, but that car recently died. I bought a Honda Element as a replacement, and it fits quite well in a couple of configurations (the Honda E has removable seats, and seats that go flat and flip up to the sides of the car and clip. I love the possibilities of this car. It went in without a hitch…..no carpet so it slid in really easily.

    Briggs

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 717 total)