anna-portillo

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: My new motto #185045

    I completely agree! One of my favorite quotes of all time is Beethoven’s:
    “To play a wrong note is insignificant
    To play without passion is inexcusable”

    in reply to: do you talk to your harp? #142011

    I do talk to my harp,
    After all, he is made of wood and since it used to be part of a tree, I’d like to imagine that his energy carried on into his new “life” as a harp. I feel like all my thoughts drift away when I play and none of my other instruments soothe me like him. He and I make a great team. I also greet him every time I enter the room he’s in. I don’t look at my harp as a mere material possession as it does require constant attention and dedication. I appreciate the music I’m inspired to write and play and at the end of the day, inanimate or not, I love my harp.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)