The Korea International Harp Competition announced the repertoire for its third competition, which will take place online in 2022. The event was last held in 2018, when Valerio Lisci of Italy took first prize in the Young Professional Division, Xinyue Zhang of China placed first in the Youth Division, and Eve Lung of China won the Junior Division. Co-directors Jung Kwak and María Luisa Rayan founded the competition to create an opportunity for young harpists from around the world to develop their skills and inspire each other.
Junior Division (up to birth year 2010)
1. G. F. Handel, Passacaglia (any edition)
2. Free choice not to exceed 7 min.
Youth Division (up to birth year 2004)
1. G. F. Handel, Prelude and Toccata (arr. M. Grandjany)
2. Free choice not to exceed 12 min.
Young Professional Division (up to birth year 1990)
1. Choose one:
- André-François Marescotti, Mouvement
- Mikhail Glinka/M. Balakirev, The Lark (ed. Milda Agazarian, HarpMasters Edition)
- Franz Liszt, Le Rossignol (trans. H. Renié)
2. Choose one:
- Elias Parish Alvars, Sérénade, op. 83
- Jean-Michel Damase, Sicilienne Variée
- Marcel Grandjany, Rhapsodie
- Gabriel Fauré, Impromptu, op. 86
3. One free choice not to exceed 15 min.
For more information, visit the competition website.