tula-ruggiero

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Spam Mail? #86203

    This looks exactly like spam.

    in reply to: re: Harp Therapist #162195

    I think the courses must have a great value to them, based on what I have read and from conversations I have had with people who took the courses and now work in this field. I am a professional performer and teacher with a MM degree but that didn’t prepare me to work in a hospital. I can, and do visit hospitals and assisted living homes to play for entertainment purposes. I don’t know, however, how to play in a medical capacity such as how to moderate someone’s heartbeat through rhythmic playing. I also don’t know how to deal with the psychology of dying for the patient or the patient’s family. I also don’t know how to work in tandem with hospital staff. There are just too many things I don’t know and I am not going to pretend that I do.

    I have two students who are interested in pursuing this in the future. I have told them that for now I can teach them how to play their harps so that if they take the courses they can play whatever they need to play. They understand that they must be able to play their harps well before they can take this on. I tell them the truth- I can teach them how to play their harps well but they will need other instuction to learn how to work at the bedside. Both of those students will actually know much more about working in a hospital than I do as one is a hospice nurse and the other is currently a nursing student. As to the certificate, it is not so much about the piece of paper as it is all of the knowledge you need to have.

    in reply to: Classical Music Transcriptions for Lever Harp? #162610

    You would probably love the Basically Bach book by Rhett Barnwell. Many many lever changes! (on some pieces) for you to have fun with. The prelude from the cello suite will really give you a challenge.

    in reply to: Fashion Sense #86610

    As a woman, even when I was a very young woman, I would not have tolerated being told that I was not allowed to wear pants.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)