Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Troy Ramos
MemberHi Deb, thanks for the link. I will keep in my files for future use. I also found this website of Nicolas Carter who can give lessons on Skype, except that his website only has his telephone number and not much else.
http://www.nicolascarter.com/workshopslessons/private-lessons
Troy Ramos
Member~~~
I think God has sent me a few lifelines…
John K. is away on vacation till March 1. And I found a luthier school/music shop that offers six 1-hour harp lessons for $90. Although the lessons are going to be done on Celtic harps, so I do not know if the skills learned would transfer to the paraguayan harp. This will give me a few weeks more to think and at the same time learn.
I must have forgotten to mention in my original post that John has several instructional books and DVDs on paraguayan harp for sale as well to go along with his harp kit. There are also Alfredo Ortiz’s books.
I found out yesterday that there’s a lady who grew up playing the paraguayan harp since she was 10 years old. But she is mainly a harp player/performer. I will need to contact and ask her if she would be willing to give me a few lessons in paraguayan harp playing.
Aside from her, there are two other harp teachers I found out about. One plays pedal harp so I do not know if she gives lessons on folk harps at all. The other is mainly a healthcare musician and gives lesson on Celtic harp.
But all in due time.
Thank you to all the people who responded to my plea. You all had been enlightening to me. I am sure they will enlighten someone else who find himself in my position.
~~~
-
AuthorPosts