Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Suzie Q
ParticipantThe base of this particular dolly is rather large. It is supposed to hold the entire bottom of the harp, including the front feet. If the entire thing is to get on it, how am I to push the instrument completely forward without it tipping too far? I’m not quite comfortable with it now, because I might not be ready to control both harp and dolly but it may be possible to do. I think my mom got the extended base dolly for me because she thought it would be more stable and safer for the harp. 🙂
Suzie Q
ParticipantThanks everyone for your responses. Maybe I will try moving the harp without the base cover one time. Using a rug mat seems like a good option to prevent scratches when doing that. And I can also see about leaving the column cover on sometimes, during rehearsals perhaps. That will also cut down on the amount of covering I need to store.
I’m sure I’ll get better at transporting with time and soon may be able to do it completely on my own.Hopefully my instrument will quit twisting on its dolly as well. This only ever happens on stairs, usually on when being brought up the stairs. The dolly is pulled up with two people, but I don’t think its tipping. I’ll need to investigate more into why this is happening if the harps generally don’t move around on the dollies.
Suzie Q
ParticipantAlso, I see harps in the pictures advertising the dollies without their base covers. I wonder if it was purposely shown like that? I’ll definitely be using the outer and column cover (however, leaving the column cover on may be an option) when I move the instrument short distances. This could work for orchestra rehearsals.
Thanks again!
Suzie Q
ParticipantDoes this cause damage to the bottom of the harp and the feet? The possibility of scratches is the only thing I’m worried about. My harp teacher rarely uses the base cover for short trips herself, but from the way she loads he harp into her van, some marks appear on the feet of the harp.
Maybe the base cover is causing the harp to twist on its dolly.I also do want to be able to completely manage my harp on my own. Once I get it securely on the dolly, I’ll just need to work on being able to lift it up the stairs and out of car on my own.
Thank you!
-
AuthorPosts