sarah-ward

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Wedding gig rates in the U.S. and abroad #188376
    sarah-ward
    Participant

    I’m a student harpist in semi-rural Virginia with almost 4 years of wedding experience. My ceremony rate is $500. Don’t have a heart-attack.

    I charge this amount at my experience level because I make it part of my policy to attend the rehearsal the night before, which barely anyone does anymore. Sometimes I regret doing this because it can be a very vexing, sometimes 2 hour affair. However, I find it to be very helpful for me personally to get a lay of the land and see who I’m dealing with and give room for sudden changes in program order, etc.

    This rate also includes unlimited music for the ceremony, 1-3 special request pieces if desired, and for an optional 30 minutes of both prelude and postlude music. If I’m requested for the cocktail hour or reception, I go by my hourly rate of $75 (which is the same rate I give for parties and other events). I have a travel fee for places of 25 or more miles away.

    If I did NOT attend the rehearsal (which is an option, but no couple has ever asked me to skip it) my rate would be between $300-350 for a ceremony.

    If I have a duo or quartet, they usually charge $150-300 depending on their instrument, and distance from the venue.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)