Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
patricia-jaeger
MemberKay, another possibility for that sound might be that a segment of wound string on a tuning pin was too near the edge, and suddenly slipped off. In such a case, that string would now be too flat in pitch, and would need to be brought up to pitch.
patricia-jaeger
MemberElena, you can e-mail me privately, if you’d like to rent a Lyon and Healy
patricia-jaeger
MemberCarl, in 1979 Wilfred Smith of England
patricia-jaeger
MemberLacey,
I am both a professional violinist and harpist. I teach any level violin (Bachelor and Master degrees from Eastman and two European solo recitals) and up to lower advanced level pedal harp (no formal degree, but 9 years private lessons with former Symphony harpist who was also harp Professor at large University here.) If one of my harp students exceeds my own ability I refer
patricia-jaeger
MemberLacey,
I am both a professional violinist and harpist. I teach any level violin (Bachelor and Master degrees from Eastman and two European solo recitals) and up to lower advanced level pedal harp (no formal degree, but 9 years private lessons with former Symphony harpist who was also harp Professor at large University here.) If one of my harp students exceeds my own ability I refer
patricia-jaeger
MemberLacey,
I am both a professional violinist and harpist. I teach any level violin (Bachelor and Master degrees from Eastman and two European solo recitals) and up to lower advanced level pedal harp (no formal degree, but 9 years private lessons with former Symphony harpist who was also harp Professor at large University here.) If one of my harp students exceeds my own ability I refer
patricia-jaeger
MemberNat, if you go to http://www.harpspectrum.org, a free, educational site that won a “best website about the harp” award, click on Long Distance Lessons, Live. Skype and other ways of studying the harp via a good webcam, are discussed here by several teachers who use this for distant harp students.
patricia-jaeger
MemberJulie, my string gauge tool is small, flat, brass-colored with a V cut out of it and milimeter markings along the edges of the V. Pedal harp gut string middle C
patricia-jaeger
MemberKaren, Travelsmith.com just sent me an ad of a “long sweater” they carry in black, red, or misty blue. They call it “ruffled cardigan” and seems quite appropriate over dress slacks or a gown, for a harp player. If you have seen orchestra conductors in “tails”, this look is close to that. Take a look.
patricia-jaeger
MemberCarl,
patricia-jaeger
MemberMichael, to find the model on Aoyama lever harps, I have turned them over in the past, and found the model number on the bottom of the base. See if yours is also labeled like this. Otherwise, you could go to Classic Harps Northwest in Portland, Oregon or send a photo and find the information there, since they import Aoyamas into the U.S. Overseas, Morley Harps carry them in England, and would have the same information. I hope your harp has four legs; three are more unstable.
November 18, 2009 at 10:25 pm in reply to: Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 1 Transcription for harp #151224patricia-jaeger
MemberLaura, Tschaikowsky’s compositions are beautiful, but quite chromatic, and long. I don’t have the music but have played as a violinist in an orchestra, accompanying the piano soloist in that concerto,
patricia-jaeger
MemberTayce, As you say, the visual and theoretical knowledge needs more solid reinforcement. Add more visual both by looking at the strings to mentally photograph where the hands go after one shape into another, at the points in the piece you feel are weak. Repeating those small bits several times should lock them into a more secure memory.
patricia-jaeger
MemberTayce, As you say, the visual and theoretical knowledge needs more solid reinforcement. Add more visual both by looking at the strings to mentally photograph where the hands go after one shape into another, at the points in the piece you feel are weak. Repeating those small bits several times should lock them into a more secure memory.
patricia-jaeger
MemberTayce, As you say, the visual and theoretical knowledge needs more solid reinforcement. Add more visual both by looking at the strings to mentally photograph where the hands go after one shape into another, at the points in the piece you feel are weak. Repeating those small bits several times should lock them into a more secure memory.
-
AuthorPosts