Pamela Saunders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Recommendations for hand crafter lever harps #376371
    Pamela Saunders
    Participant

    I like the stringing of the Camac Lancelot because of the heavy bass wires and because the bass wires start at G30 instead of C27. I’m going to have to get one, but I’m still planning to keep my Lyon and Healy Ogden. I could tune one to E flat and the other to F. It’s like the Lancelot is everything the Ogden is and then some. (Four more strings and the Camac levers) And I could transport one about as easily as I could transport the otherI’m currently thinking I’m not interested in pedal harps.

    in reply to: Harp dollies on stairs with open risers. #373036
    Pamela Saunders
    Participant

    Maybe I should stick with lever harps. But I would want one with 40 strings. Maybe I could carry it if I had to. Maybe having a pedal harp is not important enough to me. I keep going back and forth about it. And I’m getting way ahead of myself. But string type and tension are more important for me than whether the harp is or isn’t a pedal harp.

    in reply to: Recommendations for hand crafter lever harps #372416
    Pamela Saunders
    Participant

    Looking at the Summerhays website leads me to assume that John Pratt is now only building the 36 string chamber harps. But if I could ever get the chance to buy one of his Empress harps I would, especially one with 40 strings rather than 38.

    in reply to: Subaru Crosstrek? #365970
    Pamela Saunders
    Participant

    This is great to know that a 6’2″ harp fits in a Subaru Crosstrek. I still want one. Maybe I shouldn’t rule out full size pedal harps. Many of those are about 6’1″. And I doubt I would be be taking any harp out very often, let alone a pedal harp. If the harp doesn’t fit,renting a larger vehicle would not be so bad. The pedal harp trips I’m likely to make would be few and far between and close to home, if ever

    in reply to: Which lever harp to buy #357526
    Pamela Saunders
    Participant

    I keep going back and forth on whether I want more harps or not and which one(s). I’m back to thinking about the Troubadour. Today I paid more attention to the cases and covers. There is quite a bit of difference in the weight of the open-bottom cover and the wheeled case. And I doubt it’s only because of the wheels. One is a dust cover and the other is more of a case type thing. The descriptions make it sound like a person could actually consider moving any harp around with only a dust cover on it. Moving a little ways, yes. Transporting in a vehicle, maybe depending on the size, weight, type of harp, etc. Anyway, I’m starting to think the wheeled case may be more heavily padded.

    in reply to: Which lever harp to buy #337311
    Pamela Saunders
    Participant

    I had also thought there were no transport covers or cases made specifically for the Troubadour harps. But they’re on or near the last page of the cases and covers section of the harp.com site. There are open-bottom ones and wheeled ones. Both are the same price. I have an Ogden and would like to buy a Troubadour. I also plan on keeping the Ogden and have no plans to buy a pedal harp. I’m always happy to read everyone’s thoughts on both of these lever harps and plans to buy one or the other or both.

    in reply to: Subaru Crosstrek? #300699
    Pamela Saunders
    Participant

    I’m considering a Subaru Crosstrek or Chevy Trailblazer as my next car. As for pedal harps, I’m thinking of the 5’10” Lyon and Healy Chicago semi-grand or the 5’7″ Camac Clio extended. I remember a past Harp Column issue where the test harp (always a concert grand) didn’t quite fit into the Subaru Crosstrek.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)