mmezest1997

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Possible purchase #198357
    mmezest1997
    Participant

    Thank you all so much for the comments, suggestions and advice. My daughter is practicing about 2-3 hours each day and is still loving it. Her teacher said that she is really impressed with her progress. One of the comments I received from the teacher last week was “Warm-up: C major scale (GREAT job recognizing that you needed to put your F pedal up to play the scale correctly. I was blown away by this!) with just your second finger, hands separately”. She will have her first “concert” in a few weeks as she has been asked to play a Christmas Song at church during the service in front of about 300 people. She is so excited, especially since I told her we would get her a new dress!

    When I went to discuss the used L&H harp with the current owner, she decided to increase the amount she was asking and it just didn’t feel right, so we will continue to look and when things are right, I’m sure it will be the right one for her.

    Thanks again and I appreciate the warm welcome and friendliness!

    Mariah

    in reply to: Possible purchase #197853
    mmezest1997
    Participant

    Thank you all so much for the suggestions and advice. It is extremely helpful!

    The L&H that is available for purchase is a 2012 Troubadour VI for $2400. From what I am seeing online, that seems like a good price, but as suggested, we may just wait a bit to see if she is going to stick with it. I know that it’s all new and she is still in the “honeymoon” phase, but she’s been practicing for hours each day. As unusual as it is to come home to someone playing the harp, I must admit that it is nice to hear the soft, melodic sounds emanating from her room. She will practice for a little bit, come out and chat with us and then go back in and practice some more. She told me that she just wants to play all day long!

    Thank you for the suggestion to watch videos. We have been doing that since she decided to take lessons and she just loves watching and listening. We are already learning a lot.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)