mary-schafer

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Looking for a harp teacher in the south jersey area #86868
    mary-schafer
    Participant

    Hi Jenna,

    in reply to: The logic behind pedal order? #87057
    mary-schafer
    Participant

    Vince wrote:

    And when you have a good amount of time to move several pedals (say, from the key of D-flat major to C major), would you move the pedals concurrently in pairs, or individually? I think everyone probably has their own idiosyncracies when the music doesn’t dictate the pedal changes. If I have six measures to execute the aforementioned key change, I would do this: B natural, E natural, check C, check F, D natural, G natural, A natural, not moving them in pairs. Does this make sense at all?

    Hi Vince,

    I almost always move pedals in pairs.

    in reply to: Teaching Adults Students #89454
    mary-schafer
    Participant

    My experience has been that it is very important to ascertain what the adult student’s goals are.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)